RE/MAX Home and Land – Property Management Renting Information
If you have already applied in the last year or are a current tenant, please do not apply. Contact our office for further information.
GENERAL LEASE INFORMATION
- Applicants must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Most of our rental units require a 12-month lease, ending/beginning between May-July.
- All tenants and cosigners, on any signed lease, will be responsible for the entirety of all rent/bill amounts.
- Rent is due on the 1st of every month, whether it falls on a weekend or holiday, and is considered late on the 2nd. If rent is late, a 10% late fee will be applied to balance owed.
- All of our properties are Non-Smoking properties.
- Some properties are pet-friendly while others are not. If you have pets, please let us know in the beginning, so we can help find the perfect home for you and your pet.
- If you have a pet/animal, we use a third-party pet/animal screening service. A pet profile will be created during the application process.
- If for some reason a lease must be broken, there is a re-advertising fee of $250, and current tenants will be responsible for payments until new tenants have been approved and signed a new lease.
- We do not accept Reusable or Portable Reports.
1: Find a prospective rental
- Information on our available rental properties can be found:
- On the Property Management website www.rmhlrentals.com under Available Rentals tab, with pictures and descriptions!
- In the office – ask the receptionist or ask to speak with a property management representative.
- Once you find an available property (or a few) that you are interested in, please contact us to set up a showing.
- Properties must be viewed by prospective tenant, or proxy, before applying.
- All showings are scheduled at least 1 to 2 days in advance.
- After showing(s), if you are interested in the property (or properties), speak with a representative about getting the application link emailed to you.
- All showings take place Monday – Friday.
- All applications are completed online, including pet/animal screening (if applicable). You will use the link sent via email to complete the application process.
- Once the application link is received, you will need to:
- Create your pet profile (if applicable) then proceed to the screening application. If a pet profile is applicable, the pet application is $20 for the first pet, $15 for each additional pet and $0 for assistance animal accommodations.
- Fill out the screening application and submit the application fee. All information is confidential.
- Each roommate must submit a separate application and fee, even if married.
- The application fee is a $45 non-refundable fee, per person.
- The application screening pulls credit score, bankruptcy, criminal history, evictions, rental references, and income.
- Submitting an application does not mean you are guaranteed the property.
- If you are not approved by our standards you may require a co-signer. If a co-signer is needed, they will:
- Receive an application link.
- Fill out the application as if they were renting from us.
- Submit a $20 non-refundable co-signer application fee.
- Meet the credit score and income requirements to be approved.
We do not offer refunds on any application fees,
However, they are transferable to any of our other similar available rentals.
- The screening process will automatically start after your application is submitted with a fee.
- The process can take up to 9 business days before we receive the screening report to review.
- The pet profile will be reviewed through the 3rd party screening site, and we will be notified when this is completed.
- Once completed, the screening report will be sent to RE/MAX Property Management for review.
- We will review the completed screening report for the following adverse information:
- Credit Scores below 600 will require a co-signer.
- Bankruptcy on case by case basis with several other factors looked at.
- Criminal Convictions, in the past 7 years, against a person and/or property, drug manufacturing and/or drugs that adversely affect others around, or registered sex offenders.
- Rental References with negative and/or incomplete references.
- Income less than 3x the monthly rent amount will require a co-signer.
This process can take up to 9 Business days
- A Property Management representative will notify you of your application status once the information has been reviewed.
- You may be asked to bring in additional bank statements, or paperwork to finish the approval process.
- The first applicants approved for the property will have the opportunity to sign a lease.
- For applicants not approved by our standards, there is an option to have a cosigner apply for approval. Refer back to step 2 (applying).
- If the pet profile is not completed, you will not be approved for the property until this is completed.
- Once you are approved, you will need to set up a lease signing appointment within 2 business days.
- The property will continue to be marketed and shown until the lease has been signed by all tenants and the security deposit has been paid/received.
5: Lease & Financials
- The lease signing process will happen in our office, with a property management representative.
- They are scheduled within 2 business days of approval.
- Lease signings are scheduled for one hour and all residents will need to come into the office together at the scheduled time.
- If a co-signer is attached, they must return a signed co-signer agreement before the tenant(s) can sign the lease.
- A copy of the tenant(s) driver’s license will be made for the file.
- The Security Deposit and Pet Deposit (if applicable) are due with the lease signing to secure the property.
- First Month, Last Month, Move-In Fee and Pet Fee (if applicable) are due on the 1st day of the lease start month.
- You can make these payments through the Portal before the lease signing if desired.
- If you wait to pay, payment is required to be received before the lease start date through the Tenant Portal.
- If payments are not received/cleared, tenants cannot obtain keys to the property.
- After payments have been received, you can schedule a move-in walk-through.
6: Moving In
- Move-In Walk-Through’s take place Monday – Friday, on or after the lease start date.
- Walk-Through’s have to be scheduled in advance and are scheduled for one hour.
- If not all payments have been received and cleared by RE/MAX, the walk-through cannot take place and tenant(s) will not be able to obtain keys.
- Tenant(s) will meet a property management representative at the property for walk-through, on the day of the scheduled appointment.
- At the walk-through, the property condition report will be filled out by tenant(s).
- Once the property condition report is completed, and tenants have accepted the property in the condition it is in, then keys will be obtained and items can be moved in.
Welcome to your new home!
Thank you for choosing RE/MAX Home and Land Property Management. We hope to make your renting experience a great one!