RE/MAX Home and Land – Property Management Renting Policies
GENERAL LEASE INFORMATION
- Applicants must be 18 years or older to apply.
- The majority of our rental units require a 12 month lease and end/begin between May-August.
- All tenants and cosigners, on any signed lease, will be responsible for the entirety of all rent/bill amounts.
- Rent is due on the 1st of every month, and is considered late on the 2nd. If rent is late, a 10% late fee will be applied.
- All our properties are Non-Smoking properties.
- Some of our properties are pet friendly while others are not. If you have pets, please let us know in the beginning, so we can help find you and your pet the perfect place.
- If for some reason a lease must be broken, there is a minimum re-advertising fee of $250, and current tenants will be responsible for payments until new tenants have been approved and signed a new lease.
- We do not accept Section 8.
- We do not accept Reusable or Portable Reports.
1: Find a prospective rental
- Information on our available rental properties can be found:
- On the Property Management Website rmhlrentals.com under Available Rentals tab, with pictures and descriptions!
- In the office - ask receptionist or ask to speak with a property management representative.
- Once you find an available property (or a few) that you are interested in, please contact us to set up a showing.
- Properties must be viewed by prospective tenant, or proxy, before applying.
- All showings are scheduled at least 1 to 2 days in advance.
- After showings are complete, if you are interested in the property (or properties), speak with a representative about getting the application link.
- Applications are all done online and require a link.
- Once you receive the application link, you will need to:
- Fill out the application and submit the application fee. All information is confidential.
- Each roommate must submit a separate application, and fee, unless married.
- A $40 non-refundable application fee is required if single OR a $50 non-refundable application fee if a married couple.
- The application screening pulls: credit score, bankruptcy, criminal history, evictions, rental references and income.
- Submitting an application does not mean you are guaranteed the property.
- If you are not approved by our standards you may require a co-signer. If a co-signer is needed, they will:
- Receive an application link.
- Fill out the application as if they were renting from us.
- Submit a $15 non-refundable co-signer application fee.
We do not offer refunds on any application fees,
However, they are transferable to any of our other available rentals.
- The screening process will automatically start after your application is submitted with fee.
- The process can take up to 9 business days for us to receive back.
- Once completed, the screening will be sent to RE/MAX Property Management for review.
- We will review the completed screening report for the following adverse information:
- Credit Scores below 600 will require a co-signer.
- Bankruptcy on case by case basis with several other factors looked at.
- Criminal Convictions, in the past 7 years, against a person and/or property, drug manufacturing and/or drugs that adversely affect other around, or registered sex offenders.
- Rental References with negative and/or incomplete references.
- Income less than 3x the monthly rent amount will require a co-signer.
This process can take up to 9 business days
- A Property Management representative will notify you of your application status once the information has been reviewed.
- You may be asked to bring in additional bank statements, or paperwork to finish the approval process.
- The first applicants approved for the property will have the opportunity to sign a lease.
- For applicants not approved by our standards, there is an option to have a cosigner apply for approval. Refer back to step 2. Applying.
- Once you are approved, you will need to set up a lease signing appointment within 2 business days.
- The property will continue to be marketed and shown until the security deposit has been paid and the lease has been signed by all tenants.
5: Lease & Financials
- The lease signing process will happen in our office within 2 business days of approval.
- All residents will need to come into the office together to sign.
- If a co-signer is attached, they must return a signed co-signer agreement before tenant(s) can sign the lease.
- A copy of tenant(s) driver’s license will be made for the file.
- The Security Deposit and Pet Deposit (if applicable) are due at the lease signing.
- These need to be paid by check, or exact cash.
- First Month, Last Month, Move-In Fee and Pet Fee (if applicable) are due before tenant(s) move-in and obtain keys.
- You can make these payments during the lease signing, if you desire. They will need to be a separate check from deposit, if paid at same time, as the deposit is refundable.
- If you wait to pay, payment is required in office before lease start date.
- After payments have been received, you can schedule a move-in walk-through.
6: Moving In
- Move-In Walk-Through’s take place on the day the lease starts, or any business day after.
- If not all payments have been made, the walk-through cannot take place and tenant(s) keys will not be obtained.
- Tenant(s) will meet with a property management representative at the property for walk-through.
- A property condition report will then be filled out by tenant(s).
- Keys will be obtained at property once condition report is completed.
Welcome to your new home!
Thank you for choosing RE/MAX Home and Land Property Management. We hope to make your renting experience a great one!